So it's been a few weeks. We got to the new house on the 11th and it's now the 3rd of February, so that's about three weeks. In the first week we had about 5 plumbing leaks. Pow! We're realizing that there's more work in this house than we expected. The day we moved in, three of our neighbors came by and introduced themselves. Great folks!
First thing Ward said was "this will be a new experience for me, I've been here 10 years and never had a neighbor over here". Turns out the previous owner had been paying on a mortgage for 10 years on a house he wasn't even living in. He'd just drive by every week or so to collect the mail and then leave. In any event, that means we're working on repairing at least 10 years of neglect, which explains all the plumbing problems. That's not to mention all the original appliances from 1968 didn't work, so they've all got to be replaced. We picked up a fridge from a rental store and a dishwasher second-hand off of Craigslist. We still need a stove and this month we've got bigger bills, because we're still paying off the plumbers from repairing the stolen copper in the basement.
I finally got my static IP addresses fixed on Friday, after 3-4 solid days on the phone with support. They had to give me a new block of IP addresses, which meant a day or so of DNS propogation, but since my websites and mail servers had already been down for a few weeks, that didn't bother me at all.
The long and the short of all this is that, yes, I am getting back to the cartooning and will be publishing the Secret Lives of Klingons and the other 2 books from my Kickstarter "soon", it's just taking longer than I'd hoped. But now that we're settled in our new house, at least we don't have to worry about the move anymore and once we find our groove, things should start falling into place.